The purpose of the WIC Program Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) is to provide fresh, nutritious, unprepared foods to women, infants, and children who are nutritionally at risk and participating in the WIC nutrition program and eligible seniors in areas where Senior FMNP is offered; and expand the awareness and use of farmers’ markets and increase their sales. Click here to read more about the program, including rules & procedures, FMNP reminders and how to use WIC Farmers’ Market Warrants.
How to Use Your Coupons:
- – The early bird gets the worm! Try to get to the market before noon to get the best selection.
- – You will receive one set ($25 value) of coupons per person on WIC.
- – These coupons are only good at the Farmers’ Market and Farmers’ Stands listed below.
- – Bring your own bag.
- – Coupons will be accepted by the farmers displaying the “WIC Farmers’ Market” signs.
- – Choose the vegetables you want to buy.
- – Tell the farmer you are buying with WIC coupons.
- – The coupons are worth $5 each.
- – Take change with you since the farmers cannot give you change back for purchases.
- – Call our office if you have any problems.
- – Lost or stolen coupons cannot be replaced.
Any harvested fresh herb, vegetable or berry, which is grown in Alaska and sold at an authorized Farmers Market. These are including, but not limited to:Asparagus, Beans (any type), Beets, Blackberries, Blueberries, Bok Choy, Boysenberries, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard, Corn, Cucumber, Garlic, Greens, Herbs (any type), Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Loganberries, Marion berries, Onions (dry, green), Parsnips, Peas, Peppers/Hot, Peppers/Sweet, Potatoes, Pumpkins, Radishes, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Rutabagas, Spinach, Squash, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Turnips.
Foods not allowed: Honey, Maple Syrup, Cider, Nuts/Seeds, Eggs, Meat, Cheese, Seafood and Mushrooms.
Need recipes? Check out our online recipes and recipe links
Coupons can be used at the participating farmers’ markets, farms, and farm stands listed below. Click here for a list of participating markets. Before you go, read about how to select the every best fruits and vegetables.